Selmer STS411 Intermediate Tenor Sax
The Selmer STS411 intermediate tenor saxophone is one of the top-performing saxophones in the world, available at a great price point, and designed after the professional line of Selmer Paris saxophones. The STS411 saxophone has incredible tonal complexity and features a post to rib to body construction from premium yellow brass. This, combined with a hand-adjusted neck, Pisoni Pro pads, and a one-piece, hand-hammered bell create a tone that is not only the best in its class but a sound that outperforms many of its competitors.
The 411 series saxophones come in 4 beautiful options; gold lacquer, silver plate, black nickel, and copper (this features clear lacquer with a copper alloy neck and body tube). These four beautiful finishes are ornamented with newly designed hand engraving based on the iconic Selmer Paris Mark VI American artwork from Elkhart, Indiana. To protect this instrument when not in use it comes with a premium ballistic nylon case featuring comfortable backpack straps, a spacious accessories compartment, durable handles, and an outer pocket to store sheet music.
Several upgrades went into the development of this new intermediate tenor saxophone, including a proprietary 3-phase tone hole leveling process which guarantees precisely level tone holes for long-lasting pad seating and stability. The blue steel needle springs create a light and fast key action for which Selmer is known, an adjustable thumb rest, and superior ergonomics provide everything needed for fast and demanding technical passages. Additionally, every Selmer saxophone is professionally set up, play-tested, and optimally adjusted at the Conn-Selmer Woodwind Center located in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Beautiful, complex, and projecting tone
- Professionally adjusted for light and fast key action
- Easy response
- Modern ergonomics and sturdy key work
- Elegant Mark VI style hand engraving
- Multiple finish options, Clear Lacquer (STS411), Copper Finish (STS411C), Silver-plate (STS411S), and Black Nickel (STS411B).
- Professionally play-tested and adjusted in Elkhart, IN, USA
- Fully ribbed body construction
- Professional neck design
- Auxiliary keys: front F, high F♯ key
- Blue steel springs
- Metal thumb rests
- Rocking table mechanism
- Power forged brass keys
- Pisoni Pro pads with metal resonators
- Lightweight backpack style case
- Selmer premium hard rubber mouthpiece
For new instruments, additional handling time up to 7 days may be required.